Re: Problem in testing translation (gnumeric)

Hi Slobodan,

петак, 15. август 2003. 20:33:36 CEST — Slobo написа:

> I have noticed (it is not hard to notice indeed) that a lot of
> strings I have translated don't appear when start gnumeric to test
> translation.
> Almost everything under Gnumeric preferences (Format menu item -->
> Gnumeric item) is staying in english even I am absolutely sure I have
> translated these strings. There is more not just that.

I was late to notice that the problem you experienced was related to
schema files. Though, I have sent a mail earlier this afternoon on our
local translation list (serbiangnome-lista@nongnu.org) on how to solve
that, and what steps do you need to take.

You should have read that list prior to posting here -- I even titled
the message with a "Solved" string ;-)

Basically, all you do is the following:
  - put your translation in the gnumeric/po source directory (eg.
gnumeric-1.1.19/po/sr.po)
  - add "sr" to the list ALL_LINGUAS in gnumeric-1.1.19/configure.in
(perhaps you can get away with putting this in configure file, when you
won't need to do the next step)
  - run automake, autoconf
  - ./configure it
  - build it with "make" and install it

Instead of building the whole thing, you can probably just build the
"schemas" directory ("cd schemas && make && su -c 'make install'").

Cheers,
Danilo