Re: intltool 0.27.1 is available

уторак, 12. август 2003. 14:31:49 CEST — Carlos Perelló Marín написа:
> El mar, 12-08-2003 a las 05:07, Malcolm Tredinnick escribió:
> >
> > if a package (I am particularly thinking of gnumeric) requires
> > intltool-0.27 because of the UTF-8 strings, does this also require
> > gettext-0.12? If so, then intltool needs to complain more, since it
> > currently seems to quietly fall back to some older behaviour with
> > older gettexts and this may cause trouble down the line.
> >

> The problem is that GNU gettext is not the only gettext
> implementation that people use with intltool, SUN guys have their own
> implementation, and thus, we cannot requiere gettext >= 0.12, we can
> only suggest it with a warning if you really need it.

Has anyone with access to Sun's gettext actually tried using a POT
generated by GNU gettext which supports UTF-8 in source strings (i.e.
0.12+) while performing a translation?

Or, similarly, just using a PO file from the status pages for updating
the translation, compiling it with Sun's msgfmt (if they have it) and
later accessing it in runtime.

I mean, does UTF-8 simply "pass" at the compile time and runtime?

If this would work, it would at least be a "workaround" for part of the
problem with Sun's tools (xgettext doesn't extract UTF-8 strings, or
whatever the actual problem is).

Cheers,
Danilo