Re: intltool 0.27.1 is available

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 10:14, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> A new release of the intltool package is available; this time codenamed
> "Sorry, 0.27 was my firs release :-(". The intltool package is a set of tools
> for translating the contents of data files using the gettext translation
> framework.
>
> As always we suggest everyone to upgrade - especially those who are
> working with UTF-8 strings inside source code (for example, GNUMERIC)
>
> If you have intltool 0.27 you MUST update if you want to use intltool-update

A possibly silly question that I cannot work out from the source code...

if a package (I am particularly thinking of gnumeric) requires
intltool-0.27 because of the UTF-8 strings, does this also require
gettext-0.12? If so, then intltool needs to complain more, since it
currently seems to quietly fall back to some older behaviour with older
gettexts and this may cause trouble down the line.

Any enlightenment greatly appreciated,
Malcolm
   ^^^^^-- who only uses non-en locales when showing off GNOME to
others, but likes to pretend he understands stuff.