Re: New document required

   Hello!

If I may add one to this... The document should also contain info like:

------------- begin of example text ------------------
For schema files (usually ones listed on the msgid comment as
<somestuff>.schemas.in or similar), one should take care. The special words
that represent possible key values should not be translated. Key values ate
interpreted by the running program, that will not understand the value if
filled by the user with a translated version instead of the original english
word. Ex:

msgid "Possible values are: \"low\", \"medium\" or \"high\""
msgstr "Valores possíveis são: \"low\", \"medium\" ou \"high\""

But if a botton on the GUI is mentioned, for instance, it should be
localized. Ex:

msgid "Werether the \"Take Picture\" button is enabled by default."
msgstr "Se o botão \"Capturar Imagem\" está ou não activo por omissão."

This one is very fresh on my mind (and painfull) as only after almost 2
years translating GNOME (started on October 2001, with 1.4.1) I realized I
shouldn't be translating the Key values and that I could be misleading users
that ventured into gconf-editor. Now I'm trying to catch all mistakes...
Hard... :/

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"