Re: Serbian (sr) language translation team: maintainer unresponsive

I have the opportunity to read your replay to the Danilo Segan :

>> A month or so ago, the maintainer Tomislav Jovanović has started a web
>> page at Savannah, and a corresponding mailing list. Seems encouraging,
>> except that the only three messages sent to the list were by those
>> asking how to contribute, without adequate answer. For the sake of
>> "political correctness", I am also cc-ing this message to this list, and
>> please keep it that way, so Tomislav might answer if he finds it
>> appropriate.

>I haven't received responses from the Serbian coordinator either for
>several months.

The main reason for this stop is a lack of good dictionary that could be used
for translation process. I am not working on it, but as far as I know It is
almost finished (parts of this dictionary was used for the OpenOffice
localization as well as for the Mandrake Linux localization) Because of that,
I could not yet start with translation process widely. I do not wish to
translate files that later must be retranslated.

Yes, this delay is not very good development, but it is jet more important to
get well translated Gnome that can be really used.
Anyway, if you wish someone else to do this, it is your call :)

Best regards,
Toma Janković, webmaster@mandrake.co.yu
LINUX- MandrakeSERBIA http://www.mandrake.co.yu