Re: ALL_LINGUAS -> po/LINGUAS (Re: Adding translations)

ons 2002-09-25 klockan 06.17 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
> > * When adding new translations in various modules in cvs, don't forget
> > to add the language code to the ALL_LINGUAS line in the "configure.in"
> > file in the module. Otherwise your translation won't be used at all in
> > the software!
>
> Yes.  But with the advent of gettext 0.11 we can make use of po/LINGUAS
> (instead of ALL_LINGUAS in configure.in).  I recommend to go for it for
> the next major release (2.2?).

I don't think we want to depend on gettext 0.11 just yet. I do use
gettext 0.11.x myself but a lot of users and maintainers don't, as
witnessed by the several bug reports where maintainers ignore problems
where gettext 0.11 complains about not valid stuff, or where they simply
mark those bug reports as not valid. In particular, only in the unstable
version of Debian is gettext 0.11 used, and I don't think we can tell
all Debian users to use those packages.

I'm all for using gettext 0.11, but I think it's a battle hard to win to
convince everyone else.