Re: Unannounced gnome-control-center string change

fre, 2002-09-13 kl. 05:05 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:24:17PM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > The following change in the gnome-control-center gnome-2-0 branch wasn't
> > announced to translators at gnome-i18n@gnome.org. It changes not just
> > one but 11 whole messages in a time where there supposedly shouldn't be
> > any unannounced string changes. It would thus have been great if it had
> > been announced.
> >
> > ----------------------------
> > revision 1.4
> > date: 2002/09/11 13:24:22;  author: jody;  state: Exp;  lines: +14 -14
> >
> > 2002-09-11  Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org>
> >
> >         * gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties.glade : Fix conflicting
> >           accelerators.
>
> Damn!
> My apologies.  I forgot that backporting the accelerator changes
> would show up as a string change.  The patch is necessary to avoid
> conflicts in that bloody dialog.  We are using 24 different
> accelerators in there.

So what's the deal here? Are we shipping 2.0.2 with lots of broken
translations now? I think in that case we should release a new
gnome-control-center tarball ASAP with updated translations and announce
that.

Does that sound ok? I mean, it's too late to hold up 2.0.2 now and we
need time to translate the stuff...

Cheers
Kjartan