Re: [RFC] General terminology change

Am Die, 2002-09-10 um 17.27 schrieb Tino Meinen:
> Op di 10-09-2002, om 16:17 schreef Christian Neumair:
> > I think it would a good idea to avoid expressions like "your machine" or
> > "your computer" because maybe some users are using but not owning the
> > machine they're sitting at at the moment.
>
> Right!
> Perhaps a glossary could also be developed for developers to choose
> words from. (isn't there some sort of a glossary already?)
I suppose you're referring to the gnome-glossary CVS module. This module
is meant to be a dictionary for very common terms.
I agree with you that a glossary would be a very good thing.
Computers talking to persons like "I will set up it on my own" decreases
the level of usability, too. And here you can see the big problem:
Sometimes "I will" means that the user does something and in other cases
it refers to the computer.
Is it really that common in english to let computers talk or was it just
the first solution and has been used since then?

see you,
 Chris