Re: Pango Viewer problem for Indian languages

Hi,

Thanks a lot!! Its working perfectly.

Regards,

Shikha

 Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar@freedomink.org> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
Shikha G P wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to this site as well as Pango, so forgive my
> ignorance. I downloaded Pango 1.0.0 and installed it on my Linux
> machine. The installation is done and I am able to run Pango-viewer.
> All the languages except Indian ones are displayed properly - the
> Indian text for Hindi, Tamil etc. is represented by spaces.
>
> Is there something else I have to do, or am I on the wrong track
> here?

You have to install the pango-fonts package
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.0/extras/pango-fonts-0.3.tar.gz

untar into say /usr/share/fonts
add the font path (eg /usr/share/fonts/default/pango-fonts-0.3/indic )
xset +fp path or in FontPath section in XF86Config
if uisng Redhat then do a /sbin/chkfontpath --add urpath & restart
xfs

Regards,
Karunakar

Do you Yahoo!?