Re: new gnomeradio release in the near future

fre 2002-11-29 klockan 16.31 skrev Joergen Scheibengruber:
> > I've put the new pot file in gnome-i18n/extra-po/gnomeradio/ in cvs. I
> > haven't done that with the po files; at least the de.po file seems to be
> > in direct conflict with the updated one in cvs, and I don't want to step
> > on anyone's toes. This should probably be sorted out by the relevant
> > parties.
>
> Only, the de.po should conflict, in fact... I forgot to send in de.po
> the last time I sent i the .pot file, that's the problem. The actual,
> de.po was translated by myself, but if you don't want to check it in, I
> can sort this out with the other translator (I know him quite well...).

Yes, please do so.

[...]
> > So, in the case of Gnomeradio, its directions for the future should
> > probably be thought through, and there should be a decision on what
> > translation project to use based on that. If you want Gnomeradio to
> > become integrated with the GNOME project, you should probably consider
> > moving it and its development to GNOME CVS, and use the GNOME
> > Translation Project in the future.
> > If you rather prefer to have it independant of the GNOME project, it
> > should probably use the Translation Project instead, and we should make
> > sure it gets added there and the translations moved there.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> What I think is, that I really would like to host gnomeradio in gnome
> cvs. I have already applied for an account some really long time ago,
> but haven't got one yet.

Ok. Did you follow all the instructions at the bottom of
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html? If you did so, you should
probably try re-applying. Don't forget to state your reasons in detail
for wanting your project in GNOME cvs. Also, you can probably also
mention that Gnomeradio translations are already handled by the GNOME
Translation Project, and that the translation process will be made
easier if the code is also moved to GNOME CVS. You can include a
reference to me.