Re: new gnomeradio release in the near future

fre 2002-11-29 klockan 15.15 skrev Joergen Scheibengruber:
> Could someone check in gnomeradio.pot, de.po, it.po and da.po into cvs
> (modules gnome-i18n/extra/gnomeradio - you find the files here
> http://www.wh-hms.uni-ulm.de/~mfcn/gnomeradio/)? Thanks :-)

I've put the new pot file in gnome-i18n/extra-po/gnomeradio/ in cvs. I
haven't done that with the po files; at least the de.po file seems to be
in direct conflict with the updated one in cvs, and I don't want to step
on anyone's toes. This should probably be sorted out by the relevant
parties.

This brings up another topic -- we've recently decided on how to divide
work between the GNOME Translation Project and another project, the
Translation Project (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/). This
was because in some areas, both projects were working on (or at least
responsible for) the translations of the same software, which caused
lots of confusion. Also, these translation projects work in different
ways -- one of them primarily works with, and is better suited for,
software that's developed in the same CVS repository, while the other
one's infrastructure is better suited for work with independent
projects.

What we decided on was that software that is maintained in GNOME CVS
should be handled by the GNOME Translation Project, and translations of
all other software by the Translation Project. This means that the GTP
should start phasing out the gnome-i18n/extra-po directory in CVS.

So, in the case of Gnomeradio, its directions for the future should
probably be thought through, and there should be a decision on what
translation project to use based on that. If you want Gnomeradio to
become integrated with the GNOME project, you should probably consider
moving it and its development to GNOME CVS, and use the GNOME
Translation Project in the future.
If you rather prefer to have it independant of the GNOME project, it
should probably use the Translation Project instead, and we should make
sure it gets added there and the translations moved there.

What do you think?