Translation problems

Hello everyone,

I've been having some really strange translation problems. I have a
Spanish translation file and almost all of the translated strings appear
correctly. However some do not, in particular none of the "About" box is
translated. This includes the translator credit!

The strings are in the es.po file, they are marked for translation in
the source, everything looks fine comparinig it with other gnome apps,
but the translation just doesn't appear (I get the English instead).

I don't expect anyone to psychically know what the problem is, but could
anyone give me an idea as to what might be going wrong, or some hints as
to how I can go about tracking it down, as right now I am stumped...

Thanks for any help,

Martin.