Re: Sun po files

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Damien Donlon wrote:

> Christian Rose wrote:

> > > Ah, thanks. We'll see how much feedback we can produce from the Swedish
> > > team. It's a lot of fairly large modules, so it probably takes some time
> > > to produce feedback.
> >
> > They haven't been reviewed yet, but from a quick look of it they seem to
> > be in very good shape. Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Just a minor note: Don't forget to add timezone info in the
> > last-modified field when you edit that (ąHHMM).
>
> I was wondering whether this was essential. We are on GMT so I
> didn't know whether +0000 was needed.
>
> Will it break anything e.g the status pages if it is not there?
> If so, I ought to do a substitution and redeliver the lot.

AFAIK, tools will need to parse harder :-)) But this is kind of mess (I
mean gettext info pages does not state clearly the format) and almost
nobody really use this information ATM, because most of the time, only a
single translator works on the file and this time it is the rare case
where it is not true.

It is simply better to state the zone clearly than to omit it.

Stanislav