Re: Xscreensaver problems

> > Anyone noticed the "Invalid multibyte sequence" bug when updating po
> > files in xscreensaver? It's quite annoying, so perhaps we ought to fix
> > it. I guess the problem a clash of different character encodings. Any
> > ideas of how to fix?
>
> 1. Some few po files have no charset specified. Don't know why.
> 2. Some msgid in xscreensaver are not pure ASCII. That needs fixing too?

Yep, I guess the latter thing is the problem since the Danish po file
has UTF-8 specied as encoding. The question is - do we tell Jamie
Zawinski to delete the non-ASCII characters, or is there another
solution?

BTW - can anyone confirm that the xscreensaver-i18n branch definitely
is the one that is going to be released with Gnome 2? There seems to
be quite a few more strings in the HEAD branch, and I wouldn't be
terrible fond of translating the wrong one. :-)

> But the branch name? Everybody said that galeon was ported to Gnome 2,
> but I can never find the appropriate branch name. Can anybody tell me?
> I'll add that once I know the answer.

Cool, thanks!

--
Ole Laursen