Re: Hotkeys in po (fwd)

Sven Neumann <sven@gimp.org> writes:

> Christian Rose <menthos@menthos.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a tool for checking duplicated mnemonics in the user interface? I
>> think someone mentioned that gettext had this functionality now, but I'm
>> unable to find any references to it right now.

This is a misunderstanding.  'msgfmt' will only check whether
msgid _and_ msgstr both have accelerators.

> how would such a tool work?

Such a tool must work at the UI level.  YaST2 (coming with SuSE Linux
8.0) has such a feature; in case of duplicates it will even try to
reassign the accelerators.  I don't know whether Qt/KDE or GTK/GNOME
can already do something similar.  Some time ago there was a discussion
about a bonobo component able to check and to assign accelerators;
IIRC, this discussion happened on the Gnumeric mailing list.

"Thomas R. Koll" <tomk32@tomk32.de> writes:

> I think a well-code program stores all the dialogs and menus which belog
> together in single files.

No, it turns out this will not work -- menues and dialogs are highly
dynamic (e.g., the spell checker component can plugin its menus under
"Edit").

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o