Re: Hotkeys in po (fwd)

On 8 May 2002, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Is there a tool for checking duplicated mnemonics in the user interface? I
> > think someone mentioned that gettext had this functionality now, but I'm
> > unable to find any references to it right now.
> > Any pointers?
>
> how would such a tool work? I can imagine that looking at the po file
> would be sufficient for apps that only have a single dialog but I
> don't see how it is supposed to work for complex apps that may very
> well use the same mnemonic in different dialogs.

I have not the slightest idea.
Similar to you, I have always assumed that such a tool would have to be
fairly complex to get all cases straight when checking for duplicate
mnemonics. But Gudmund told me KBabel has something like this, and if I
remember correctly, someone (Karl Eichwalder?) said GNU gettext now has
something similar. So appearantly there are some tools who do this. But I
would also appreciate more details about it (and experiences on how well
the checking works).