Re: Translation of webpages

tis 2002-03-26 klockan 12.21 skrev Christian Neumair:
> hi folks!
> I noticed that the translation is not coordinated very good

What do you mean by that? We don't do any website translation at the
moment, so I don't understand how it could be "badly coordinated"... All
there is today is the master gnome web site, and independant more or
less localized "country sites" (www.CC.gnome.org) maintained by other
volunteers. Is that what you were referring to?

That could be because www.debian.org do translate their web pages, while
www.gnome.org doesn't (for the time being).

> Information how to handle translation is given at http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating
> What do you think about this way of coordinating translations?

Website translation has been somewhat discussed along the discussions
around the upcoming new gnome website. The proposal I gave was to use po
format, so that the website could be handled like any other software by
the language teams. So the instructions wouldn't need be much different
from the regular translation instructions (as far as such exist). But
all of this is still in the planning stage.