Re: RC2 and bugzilla/PT

El dom, 23-06-2002 a las 13:34, Duarte Loreto escribió:
>    Hello!

Hi

> Due to work problems (I have to pay my house...), I've been off for a
> while... I have two questions...

Hehehe, I think that everyone has to work for eat ;-)

> I saw the announce on www.gnome.org of RC2. Does this mean that all updates
> I made to translations last 14/15/16 June are now included in final
> distribution? :)

Hummm, depends on when they released the packages that come with RC2...

> Another thing, more important, I think. As I lost some mail when I was
> without net access, I lost part of the thread about bugzilla and
> translations. I went to archives to read the whole thread but I still have
> two questions (my head doesn't work quite well on sunday morning)...
>
> There was a comment about a pt bug in gedit. It was corrected by a pt_BR
> person. It was a pt_BR problem and not pt (we translate "File" to "Ficheiro"
> and pt_BR to "Arquivo", as stated on bug). The bug report didn't specify
> translation as pt but it should specify pt_BR. Won't this be problematic in
> future bug assignments? Like pt team getting pt_BR bugs and vice-versa?
>
> I'm now going to open a bugzilla account and mail info to Carlos.

Yesterday I just create the pt_BR entry at bugzilla.gnome.org and
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> told me that he will talk with
you about that issue.

I think that you should work together and have only one component.
Why? because if the pt_BR team does not translate a string, they get
your strings. Gettext works this way, if you have LC_ALL=pt_BR, it first
looks a translations in pt_BR.mo if it's not there, look at pt.mo and if
it's not there it shows you the english one.

Of course, it's your team so you can setup as you want. It's only a
suggestion.

> Thank you!

Cheers and congratulations, will we see soon a small happyguy
translator? ;-)