Re: [Fwd: String changes in gnome-terminal]

On 18 Jun 2002, Christian Rose wrote:

> > > So there is no branch for 2.0.0? If more modules do this, this might be
> > > the recipe for a lot of confusion for translators. There is no way on
> > > the status page for gnome 2.0 core to tell if a module is intended for
> > > 2.0.0 or a future 2.0.x release, except by branching.
> >
> > There wouldn't be much point in working on the 2.0.0 branch anyhow
> > though, because I'm not planning to make another tarball until 2.0.1.
> > Right? So translation work should be on HEAD for 2.0.1.

???

Havoc, I suppose you mean that there wouldn't be much point in working
on 2.0.0 _revision_ instead of _branch_ ? AFAIK quite some core modules
are branched for 2.0, and the upcoming (2.0.1, 2.0.2 etc) releases are
based on 2.0 branch instead of head.

Is it because profterm is quite a "new" module in the sense that it's
only for GNOME 2.0, so there's no need for branching yet?

> Ok, perhaps profterm should be temporarily removed then from the 2.0
> status pages. Or we assume that no more changes will be made and remove
> all 2.0.0 branches from the status pages.
> Carlos?

Why need to remove?

--
Abel Cheung