Re: translations and bugzilla

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 20:36, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> El mié, 05-06-2002 a las 20:15, hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk escribió:
> > On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 07:30:28PM +0200 or thereabouts, Fatih Demir wrote:
> > >     Is it possible to assign the bugs per default to 2 b.g.o users (->
> > >     to get 2 admins for the module group for "Turkish [tr]")? This would
> > >     really easyfy our work much, as we wouldn't need to get many CC'ing
> > >     actions while handling the bugs...
> >
> > It's a bit of a hack, but the answer is yes.
> > There is a module in GNOME CVS: halloween. Check out halloween/bugzilla.gnome.org/maint-aliases.txt
> >
> > Use the standard format in that file, and pick a name such as l10n-tr-maint (we'd
> > better pick a standard if other people are going to use this)
>
> I was thinking on this bugzilla's "feature" when I did the proposal...
> So suggestions about the standar name?

l10n-[SHORT_LANG_CODE] as l10n-tr should be enough I guess... with some
exceptions it should be satisfactory; the exception which came to my
mind was about the Chinese translation teams, where a finder separation
would be a quite good idea I guess :-) And also for the Spanish
"versions" out there of course.

> > Then commit it back. Then (if you have privs for bugzilla) set up the
> > component owners to be l10n-tr-maint (or whatever you pick).
> > If you don't, ask bugmaster@gnome.org to do it.
> >
> > You will need to get bugmaster@gnome.org (that's an alias for
> > a bunch of people: me, Luis, Greg, Owen and some more) to
> > then give bugzilla "edit all bugs" privs to each email address
> > named in the maint-aliases.txt file. Because your bugzilla
> > account won't match the alias, and so it will need that
> > priv for you to be able to edit the bug and close it.
>
> Don't worry, as Luis asked me I will do it for you. I can setup those things.

Oh, that's really great, thanks very much
*gnome_hero_of_the_day_award_new(&Carlos);* ;-)

Would you do this for our Turkish team ("l10n-tr" named I'd say) for
both me (kabalak@gtranslator.org) and Görkem (gorkem@gelecek.com.tr)?
We're both registered users of b.g.o so there shan't be any problems
with this...

> > *or* if there are only two of you, and won't be more in the
> > future, put one of you as owner of the component and the
> > other as the QA contact. I think that should work too.
>
> IMHO, the best thing (TM) is put the translation team mailing list as
> the owner and the QA contact the coordinators.

Also a good idea... well, I'd vote for this -- [X] -- voted :-)
gnome-turk@gnome.org would be the right thing to use for our Turkish
translation group. Groupies welcome, btw ;-)
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ 64241161 / fdemir2@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de ])>