Re: Problem with gtranslator and utf-8 (slovak and azeritranslations)

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 21:39, Marcel Telka wrote:
Hi.
Hi...
We have translated gtranslator into slovak language (sk) and we have this problem:

$ intltool-update sk
Working, please wait.............................................. done.
internationalized messages should not contain the `\b' escape sequence
But this '\b' isn't from a gtranslator message -- msgid's should be without any such escaped chars.
sk.po: warning: Charset missing in header.
                 Message conversion to user's charset will not work.
361 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations, 4 untranslated messages.
sk.po file uses charset utf-8 (az.po uses utf-8 too).
Erhm, well. I can't help in this case, as it should really work -- BTW: what about KBabel's mess within the PO update date & time zone spec.?
I think, this is problem in the new generated sk.po file:
#: src/zpmd.h:38
msgid ""
msgstr ""
This is from src/zpmd.h file: ....
Sure? I did move it to a separate file and it's included as the last message therefore -- this problem won't affect any other messages lying in other source files, so that all other messages should be fine while updating the po file.
This problem is significant in GTP statistics too
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/extra/sk.shtml)
- this statistics is broken :-(.
Oh? In which way? 0 - 0 - 370 messages doesn't sound that bad for me :-)
Please try fix this problem (conversion sk.po from utf-8 to native charset
isn't good solution IMHO). Thanks.
Well, the problem is a such long brewn stuff... let's forget about it and say: it works mostly and should work. It won't eat up many translations from the other source files (it's the last translation message, remember this) and that's important for me.

If I did understand something wrong, then re-complain, but the current situation is the best possible solution for the GNOME 1.x world.
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak@gtranslator.org ])>
<([ ICQ 64241161 / fdemir2@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de ])>

This is a digitally signed message part