I'd like to help

Hi,

I was taking a look at the gnome site on what I could do for help, and I
thought the translation part would be the easiest thing for me to try in
first place. I'm brazilian, so I can easily translate anything from
english to brazilian portuguese or vice-versa. Is there any need for
such a skill? In case of "yes", what should I do to start?

PS: I never worked with free software or anything like it in my life.

Thiago