Re: Status for status pages

El dom, 24-02-2002 a las 01:17, R.I.P. Deaddog escribió:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Christian Rose wrote:
>
> > What's the status for the status page rewrite?
> >
> > GNOME2 string freeze was Feb 18th. Deep freeze will be no later than Mar
> > 6th. As I understand, that means that there isn't much time left for
> > completing GNOME2 translations, and we need working status pages very
> > soon. Carlos, I appreciate that you have offered to do a total rewrite
> > of the status pages, but what's the current status of this project?
>
> Carlos, if you work still has some way to go before finishing, then I'd
> suggest reviving the old scripts temporarily, with lower status
> regeneration frequency (such as running with nice -19, only update
> status pages each other day etc... they are controllable via cron,
> and no modification of old scripts is necessary).

At this moment I have done almost all background work. I'm now
implementing the html data. Now, we could generate all .po && .pot and
put updated versions at developer.gnome.org

I hope that tomorrow I will have the html reports finished (a basic
version with the same features that the old one had).

> Even the status regeneration is wrong, people can still get a rough
> idea what's the status for their languages, yet you can still work
> on your rewrite of status generation scripts/program. This can be
> a compromise IMHO.

I know it and I'm sorry the delay :-(

> Abel

Cheers.