Re: Sv: Language name translations

"Kenneth Christiansen" <kenneth@gnu.org> writes:

> You can get a list of installed locales by looking in some /usr/shares/locales
> for my localeconf I loop through these files and use a system call to get the
> original names. I think hp did something like this with the redhat locale_conf
> app. Maybe you can look at that source or just try to run it

I didn't want to do it for a couple reasons:

1) It's pretty slow.  It takes ~3 seconds to come up on my computer

2) There are too many unsupported languages there.  It would be nice to
   keep it to languages that we have a chance of supporting

3) It doesn't even give me the original name.

4) It's really annoying to find common languages if the list is really
   large.

Still, I could be convinced to do otherwise, and if there are any
obvious languages that need adding, let me know.

Thanks,
-Jonathan