Re: ChangeLog encoding

ons 2002-12-11 klockan 20.27 skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> > > Hi, I just recoded the gnome-i18n/status/ChangeLog file to use UTF-8,
> > > please, remember that if you modify it, don't break it.
> >
> > This is of course also true for all po/ChangeLog files -- they should be
> > kept as UTF-8. There's no way everyone can have their name spelled
> > correctly otherwise.
> > If they aren't in UTF-8, it's a bug that you are welcome to fix. If they
> > already are in UTF-8, please don't break them, but keep them in proper
> > UTF-8.
>
> It also apply to all gnome-i18n's ChangeLog?

Sure.

> I did not know that. I know you were talking about it but I thought it
> never was "executed". Good thing :-)

I haven't fixed all ChangeLog files to make sure they are in UTF-8. I
only fixed a few. I hope to fix other ones as I go along editing them
anyway, but I hope others can help make sure the ChangeLog files are in
UTF-8.

> What about the web-devel-2/content/projects/gtp's ChangeLog?

I think we should keep all such ChangeLog files in UTF-8. I don't see
the reason not to, and how it is supposed to work if not so.