Re: Using Unicode for Translation in Marathi/Hindi

4/25/02 2:14:06 PM, jitendra <jitendras@vsnl.com> wrote:

>Can any one help with this :
>What is the working solution for devanagari translation(Hindi and
>Marathi)  using yudit
>or emacs or anyother.

Yudit is a good ( and easy to setup) solution.
 Another way is to set up GNOME 2.0 beta on your desktop, and use gedit

>It is possible to create a translated file in unicode using yudit. But
>then , saving in
>utf-8 can one use the file for conversion to .mo .

 Yes. Since it is now required that the translations be in utf-8, so you just need to compile it straight
  $ msgfmt -o gedit.mo gedit.mr_IN.po
 assuming the gedit.mr_IN.po is the translated one.

>Would some one laydown the procedure in some detail so that I donot have
>to re-discover
>the wheels.

Also you need to make sure that the PO header contains the entries

(Pl correct me if this is wrong, It worked for me atleast )

Regards,
Karunakar