Re: Do Apps Use a "Root" Locales?

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Daniel Yacob wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> After convincing gnome ghost view to speak amharic:
>
> http://gnome.geez.org/Amharic/ggv.jpg
>
> I was surprised by words that remained in English, "File",
> "Settings", "Help", etc.  Looking back thru ggv.po these
> msgids just weren't there.  Do gtk apps use a "root"
> locale of some sort for common terms?  If so what is
> the name of it?

Strings in gnome2 apps can also come from any number of ui
libraries these are using - most probably from gtk+, libbonoboui,
libgnomeui but AFAIK all/most other libraries in the gnome2
platform and  desktop also contain localisable strings.

> I was also surprised that the spacing between the toolbar
> buttons expanded quite a bit.  Anyone know how to remedy
> that?

Could also be a simple bug

> thanks,
>
> /Daniel

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding