Re: Locale Benchmarking

&Tgr;&eegr;&ngr; &Tgr;&rgr;&igr;, 09-04-2002 &sgr;&tgr;&igr;&sfgr; 16:21, &ogr;/&eegr; Dermot Kinsella &eacgr;&ggr;&rgr;&agr;&psgr;&egr;:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to track down any performance benchmarking tools to test the GUI within Gnome.  I would like to be able to run tests in different locales and compare the results to determine if there any performance issues which are unique to a particular locale.
>
> If anyone knows of any such tools or can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are you looking for an application that can record the events sent to
the GNOME programs and latter replay them based on the new locale
setting?

If so, by searching at freshmeat.net,
	1) xscript (http://freshmeat.net/projects/xscript/)
	2) xbindkeys (http://freshmeat.net/projects/xbindkeys/)
	3) xevact (http://freshmeat.net/projects/xevact/)
	4) XMacro (http://freshmeat.net/projects/xmacro/)

The most suitable seems to be XMacro. From the description:
"The XMacro package contains two simple, C++ programs (xmacrorec and
xmacroplay) for recording and replaying keyboard and mouse events on an
X server. This functionality is achieved through the XTest extension.
(BTW it would be better to use the XTrap extension but it's not
widespread in precompiled X servers...) The programs are heavily based
on the xremote utility of Jan Ekholm (chakie at infa.abo.fi)."

simos