Re: Guikachu 0.10 is to be released shortly

On 23 Sep 2001, Ole Laursen wrote:

> > Should I check in updated .po files (as in, updated to match the most
> > recent .pot)? would that make translators' life easier or harder?
>
> No, because then you might accidentally mess up someone's current
> working copy of the translation - getting a CVS messed up .po file
> back to a usable state is really painful (CVS and .po files really
> don't mix very well). Fortunately, you always get a dotfile with
> whatever you had before the cvs update command, but having to rename
> it back to the name of the po file is still somewhat annoying.

OK. This is what I tought, but I wanted to make sure.

> But I just had a quick look at the po/ subdirectory - it seems you
> don't include the latest .pot file. Doing that may have the potential
> to help some people with slow net connections for whom it is a pain to
> have all of the source installed just to run xml-i18n-update.

But the .pot file is a generated file, so it shouldn't be included in the
CVS repository.
Maybe I should put the .pot file somewhere on the website?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001