Re: Moleskine needs to be translated

Kaixo!

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:44:27AM +0200, Michele Campeotto wrote:

>    Moleskine already has SourceForge CVS why should it have the po
> there?    Do you provide better services than SF (like mailing to
> maintainers when the module gets updated)?

Having the po files in the Gnome CVS gives greater visibility.
Ag you can attract translators for some languages that would maybe
have been ignorant of the existance of your program.
Gnome CVS is a quite buzzy and populated concentration of translators.

>    What should I do to have Moleskine in gnome-i18n module?

a directory gnome-i18n/Moleskine with inside:
- the actual lsit of *po files
- the latest generated *pot
- a README or similar file explaining how to send new files and updates
  to the Moleskine mantainers. (you can also tell how to apply for a CVS
  account on Moleskine CVS)

Visibility is a good thing; for example I historically added i18n support
to xmms, and from some months (that was back in 0.9.* days) the version
shipped in Mandrake had the i18n support and the official not yet; so
I put links to pot/po files in our pages to have xmms translated.
Now, xmms has included the i18n improvements, and xmms.org handles itself
the translation; however, I've seen that almost half of the existing
translations exist from translators involved in the translation of Mandrake
tools; that is, the fact to have the xmms po/pot visible in our pages
probably doubled the number of available languages in which xmms
is translated; that is why I keep it listed.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975