Re: Moleskine needs to be translated

Michele Campeotto wrote:
>  > Maybe we should then have a "moleskine" directory in
>  > gnome-i18n/extra-po, so that translators with GNOME cvs
>  > access can maintain their translations more easily?
>  > Wo wants to make that happen/maintain it?
>
>    Hello, I'm the maintainer of Moleskine. I've got this mail from a user.
>
>    Moleskine already has SourceForge CVS why should it have the po
> there?    Do you provide better services than SF (like mailing to
> maintainers when the module gets updated)?
>    What should I do to have Moleskine in gnome-i18n module?

Okay, we probably need to clear up some things here... the reason this
thread started in the first place is that Joe Man pointed out on this
list that Moleskine needs to be translated. Nothing strange in that.
Moleskine seems however to be in Sourceforge CVS, and as the translation
of GNOME is usually pretty GNOME CVS-centric, having something in GNOME
CVS is usually much more convenient for GNOME translators.
That's not a new situation either and we usually solve this for "foreign
CVS" projects by maintaining a copy of the pot, and translations, of the
project in GNOME CVS ourselves. This way, translators can keep a copy of
their translation in the CVS they're familiar with (CVS is nice) while
still sending them upstream to the project maintainer, and syncing the
pot with the other foreign cvs only has to be done by one person.

>    I don't have GNOME CVS write access and I'm not on the list so please
> CC to me.

I'm not entirely sure why you got involved in this thread either. This
has nothing to do with upstream ;-)