Re: Orphaned translations in gnome-core

El d_ 04 Sep 2001 00:01:58 +0200, Kjartan Maraas escribi_
> Den man, 2001-09-03 kl. 23:20 skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> > El d_ 03 Sep 2001 21:32:14 +0200, Kjartan Maraas escribi_
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I added support for .desktop, .directory, .soundlist etc files in
> > > gnome-core today. This resulted in a few translations getting orphaned
> > > since the strings in the .desktop etc files had no .po file to be merged
> > > into.
> > >
> > > This was the case for the following translations:
> > >
> > > br, es_ES, hr, id, is, pt_PT, vi, vi_VN.TVCN, vi_VN.VISCII and
> > > zh_TW.Big5
> > >
> > > I'm wondering what to do with these...
> >
> > You should upload the new files that xml-i18n-prepare has create.
> >

> You mean turn them into .po files and commit them along with changes to
> configure.in to support these new languages? That leaves the question of
> what to do with the three different vietnamese translations...

Well xml-i18n-prepare creates .po files if they aren't there before the
"change" don't you have those .po files?

Well, I think that you shouldn't add it to configure.in, if someone
needs it, then he/she will update this translation and also add it to
configure.in (for example I want to see the es_ES because perhaps I
could remove it because es.po is the same...

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
mailto:carlos@gnome-db.org