Re: Insanely long messages in gnome-lokkit

> But anyway the real point in something different: Is a source code message
> the "right place" (TM) for those paragraphs? For me, it rather looks like
> this belongs into some documentation files. Doesn't gnome-lokkit have an
> appropriate point in its documentation where this kind of stuff can be
> explained?

We are end user of bored, documentation is futile, nothing will be
assimilated

Seriously. Its a wizard based interface. It is there to make it easy for end
users by throwing the info they need at them before asking the questions.
This is an important piece of UI design because end users do not understand
firewalls and do not use firewall tools often enough to internalize either the
background to the decisions or the controls.

I appeciate the entry is akin to a documentation translation string - and
thats precisely what it is. However it is the right way to do it. Perhaps
the right thing for you to do is actually to bounce that text to a docs
translator.

Gnome-lokkit is a tool aimed at your grandmother.

Alan
--
	"I can only provide the information, I can't make you hear it."
		- Shelley Bainter