Re: src/commands.c: hard to translate

Thanks to Zbigniew Chyla, Almer "S." Tigelaar and Jody Goldberg

Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg@home.com> writes:

> We'd end up having a table of 6 strings
>             _("Clearing formats in %s") and
>             _("Clearing formats and values in %s") and
>             _("Clearing formats and comments in %s") and
>             _("Clearing values in %s") and
>             _("Clearing values and comments in %s") and
>             _("Clearing comments in %s") and
>
> This is potentially doable, but would get very ugly if we added
> another attribute.

Okay, in general I see the point.  Here it seem the code doesn't to try
to join the part with "and".

Zbigniew Chyla <cyba@gnome.pl> writes:

> But adding contextual information to the strings wouldn't. Take a look
> at Nautilus sources - it uses a lot of autogenerated strings (usually
> more complex than this one) and it handles i18n pretty well (at least
> comparing to other GNOME apps).

I don't have Nautilus sources at hand but I like to support your
proposal.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,