Ever experienced gnome-doorman i18n bugs?

Hi,

I would like to ask other people involved in gnome-doorman translation, if
they also have experienced i18n problems within the running gnome-doorman. I
have filed bugs related to gnome-doorman in the bugzilla a
bugzilla.ximian.com, but ximian people didn't seem to have touched them (at
least no comments in bugzilla).

Problems include: graphics containing strings that should be localized,
strings that show up in the po files but remain English in the running
software, country list comming from countries.h not maked up for gettext.

I would love to learn how to make patches for these issues (especially
strings that are in the po file and do not get translated in the software,
like the ones coming from page-config.c).

Has anybody got a little time to help me?

Thanks,

Emese -- Hungarian translator

PS: As a nice translator, I have no intention to commit whatever to
(code)source files, I only would like to learn how to make nice patches that
developers like, because it seems that dealing with i18n is really low
priority for them.

PS2: gnome-doorman might be deprecated, as developers tend to focus on
gnome2?