Re: A problem with zh_CN.GB2312 locale

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 02:52:24PM -0500, ydi@eecs.uic.edu wrote:

> # $(datadir)/gtkrc.zh_CN
> #
> # This file defines the fontsets for Chinese language (zh) using
> # the simplified chinese standard GuoBiao as in mainland China (CN)
> #
> # 1999, Pablo Saratxaga <srtxg@chanae.alphanet.ch>
>
> style "GnomeScores_CurrentPlayer_style"
> {
>   fg[NORMAL] = {1.0, 0.0, 0.0}
> }
>
> style "GnomeScores_Logo_style"
> {
>   fontset = "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-*-*-*-*-gb2312.1980-0"
>   fg[NORMAL] = {0.0, 0.0, 1.0}
> }

You should find that you don't have those gb2312.1980 fonts in your
system. Actually, I don't see any -misc-fixed-*-gb2312.1980-0 in any
popular linux distros.

And the fonts in your system cannot be scaled. That may be one of
the possible reason that you saw mis-matched Chinese text in menu, etc.

You can scale bitmap fonts in X but the result is really ugly and the
speed is slow. If you are using XFree version of X window, you should
try use a truetype font module or truetype font font server.

--
Best regard
hashao