French translation

Hello. I decided to contribute to the GNOME
translation project. I edited the sources of a small
app called GXRio, and changed the GUI into French. I
made a translation-about-box, and made a new tarball.
I went to the French GTP site, to find nothing but a
French-English GNOME term glossary. If I did the
translation correctly, I would like to create a NEW
team that will translate apps.
Am I allowed to, since there is technically already a
French team?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jason