Re: nautilus

Kaixo!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:22:45PM +0900, Yukihiro Nakai wrote:

> > > I'm testing the new file manager of gnome nautilus. It seems that the
> > > nautilus does not support fontset on the desktop icons; it does not even
> > > support XIM protocol. (That means I cannot input text with

> I know this. This is the gtkembed mozilla bug.
> The appended patch

Thanks

>    * from the command line and are returned to the application. */
>+  gtk_set_locale();
>   gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

Argh!
Not using gtk_set_locale() nor setlocale() are so basic bugs it could be
expected no one would be doing them anymore; still they exist :-(

I wonder if locale initialization shouldn't be done inside gtk_init(),
and provide instead a gtk_init_localeless() for people that *actually* want
that behaviour (as opposed to people that did for lazyness, careless or
ignorance of the problem).

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga