Re: [ Pozilla #2 ] galeon R 0.11.0

On 12 Jun 2001 13:17:27 +0200, Fatih Demir wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:52:20AM +0300, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
[snip]

> > its a little awakening call to see that there are still programs/scripts
> > which take potentially embarrasing actions on behalf of the user without
> > even asking him anything. this is plain borken behavior imho.
>
> Wrong, if you do now the pozilla.sh --help options and do read the man-page
>  you see that it's constructed _for_ automated operation. It's behalf of the
>   user if he uses it or not, but I don't think that this is broken behaviour..

you are mistaking a program/script made for personal use where you know
all thats going to happen and therefore dont give it any options even on
its first run, with a program/script made for general use by many
people.

making reading the manual a prior requrement insted of forcing it on
first use is a bad decision to make

i dont think  rm, dd, mkfs or any other widely used program with
potentialy unwanted behavior exhibits the behavior your srcipt does

> Maybe you've never read the manual page?!

no i never did. just for the reasons i stated above. i didnt want to use
it in some productive manner, just wanted to see what it is about. even
if i started it with --help the param description that comes does not
give a hint what would happen if i run this without params, this is
broken to no end.

just my frustrated 2 cents
yanko