Re: What are all these files and how should they be handled/submitted?

> When I was translating the older Gnome distribution, there was one kind of
> file, *.po. Now there is a .pot and other files. I browsed over the
> documentation but could not figure out what they did or whether they should
> be compiled or what? Can some-one shed some light on the different
> extensions and what must eb done with them?
Hej!
<appl>.pot is "source" file with msgids. You can copy it to <your_lang>.po and translate.
*.mo files are "compiled" versions of correspondent *.po files.

Anything also?
update.sh/update.pl or xml-i18n-* are scripts for pot- and po- files updating
and mergimg translations back at the time of making.

Best wishes
Valek