Re: A question about xml-i18n-tools

Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@dkuug.dk> writes:

> > Or modify them to use the xml-i18n-tools - I would really like to do
> > that instead.

I like to see them go away.  Please, "hide" those maintenance tools in
Makefile -- the solution we've had was a little bit unclean conceptually
;)

> I mean: then all my scripts would work unchanged.

I'm sorry, but that's life.  The sooner we can get rid of them the
better; new translators will not start to depend on the scripts...

> And I would not need to keep track on which packages run what
> update tool, and when a package switches, if when a package switches,
> then the update tool is updated too.

As long as you need the old scripts you can maintain your "own" copy of
them -- or just test whether update.* is there, if not... alah...  Of
course, I know you'll know about those techniques :)

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,