Gabber now using xml-i18n-tools

Gabber is a GNOME client for the Jabber instant messaging system. Jabber
is a distributed Free and Open Source instant messaging system.

Gabber CVS is now using the xml-i18n-tools module for the translation of
gabber.glade. Anyone building Gabber from CVS should get xml-i18n-tools;
others need not worry, this isn't yet another added dependency.

xml-i18n-tools can be found:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/xml-i18n-tools/
http://developer.eazel.com/download/eazel-redhat7/hourly/current
http://developer.eazel.com/download/hourly/current

I would also like to take this time to formally ask for help from
gnome-i18n in translating Gabber. There are already several people who
have made translation contributions, but as Gabber matures I'd love to
see more. Gabber can be checked out anonymously with cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.gabber.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gabber co
gabber
If any of you would like to be given CVS access for translations, just
send me an email with your sourceforge username or number.

The next Gabber release is at least a month away, so there's no
translation rush right now, and the strings will be changing, but I'd
like to announce this ahead of time so translators can see if they want
to do this and if they can even get Gabber CVS compiled. I will send
another announcement when a release is about a week away, at which point
I should be able to tell you that the strings won't be changing too
much. :)

Also, there are many instances where I do not use %s because Gabber is
C++ and it was much better programming-wise to use normal strings. I
will work with kenelson to find a better way of having translatable
strings in C++, I just need to know which strings are troublesome.

Please send me any comments,
Julian

--
email: julian@jabber.org