Re: EOG for GNOME 1.4 - use eog-0-6 branch

Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:

> Hmm, what happens if I change the menu structure ? Does that mean that all
> translators must change their .po file or will the other translations still
> work ?

No danger as long as you don't change the string.  But if you'll add a
new one (even it it's the same as in gnome-libs) it will be untranslated
for a moment.

> I we don't end up with untranslated "Window" etc. entries in all languages
> except german, then I can probably do this UI change for beta2.

It will be untranslated in german, too ;)  UI change for beta2 is okay
with me.  Nevertheless, if possible add the new string now (e.g., as an
unused variable); the sooner the string is there the bigger are chances
translators will pick it up.

But if it is too complicate leave it "as is".  This time the mouseless
users can use the arrow keys to reach the entry...

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,