Re: language codes

Kaixo!

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 04:28:23PM +0100, Frederik Fouvry wrote:

> I noticed that your indications on the web pages are as ambiguous
> as ours: you refer however to ISO 639-2, which technically lists
> 3-character language codes, but you use 2-character codes.  From
> the list of codes, e.g. "wa" is not an ISO code,

Walloon language is not yet recognized by ISO codes (be them 2 or 3 letter
based); discussions are ongoing in order to obtain one.
I just have used "wa" because a code was needed in order for the translations
to work.
If the officially attributed code would be different, then I'll change;
in the meantime I prefer a "non offical" code that allows the use of Walloon
language rather than forbiding in practice its use.

> "x-wa" is;

is it? or is it just as unofficial as "wa" ?
Also, when I started with "wa", several programs expected the language
code to be 2 chars only.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga