Re: gtranslator's "bad" guys

On 20 Aug 2001 08:16:14 +0800, R.I.P. Deaddog wrote:
> > All these languages have got < 60% translation status; would the
> > language groups/translators for Danish, Greek, Galician, Italian,
> > Polish, Portuguese ala Brasil and Ukrainian update their translations.
> > Please be that kind and contribute to the i18n'ess of an i18n app
>
> Ummmm.... such kind of advertising doesn't sound right to me (probably me
> only).

Sometimes you need to make much noise to get a result.

> It's similar to telling everybody loudly in a classroom that a
> certain classmate got bad result in exam. That does no great harm; but
> it's quite embarrassing for the person involved.

Well, there are (like always) multi-causal needs why I did this:

Some of these languages' po files haven't been updated for ages (> 5/6
months), and though pozilla.sh is overdriven sometimes, some people
think a message to update a translation is spam -- therefore I didn't
want to use pozilla.sh intentionally for this release and go the way I
did go now.

Some languages maybe don't want to update gtranslator translations (heh,
"who does use gtranslator?" is such a question which could be quoted),
but in some cases the last translators aren't just 'round and after the
multiple mails to gnome-i18n@gnome.org to update the translations: still
no reaction.

Let's see how things will go further.
--
kabalak / kabalak@kabalak.net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080