Re: How many words does GNOME 1.2 has?

Michael Twomey <michael twomey ireland sun com> writes:

> Good point! Thats the problem with one liners. However the reason I
> didn't use your grep is that on Solaris the behaviour of grep and sed is
> a bit different (mainly in the regular expressions)

I though about that -- but I've no experience with Solaris.  Reading
`autoconf' scripts you can learn a lot about all the peculiarities ;)
Quite some GNU tools support the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT;
maybe, I should have checked this first.

Also, that's one of the reasons people recommend to use a script
language (e.g., Python); it's still on my todo to learn Python a little
bit more.

> thanks for the good points,

No problem -- and thanks for your further investigations!

--
Linux Frechet 2.2.14 #1 Fri Mar 17 00:27:51 GMT 2000 i686 unknown
  5:56pm  up 1 day, 10:03,  6 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00