Re: open translations database

Stefan Rieken said something along the lines of:

> So in fact, it will kind of depend on what you guys think of this idea.
> Can it succeed? Will it be popular? Will this system become a standard
> part of e.g. the rules for GNOME translation, if it works? Do you feel
> like working on it? Do you have a good CGI space?
>
> I must say, I don't know if this is a good idea, or if it is only a nice
> theory with no practical value. So I really look forward to any
> feedback.

Stefan, it sounds like a great idea, and something that has come up quite
recently - Dan Meuth brought up "Translation Memory" software (I believe
I've got the name right there).

I'm currently working on a similar project, although from a different
perspective. I'm working on the people side, not the words side. :) There's
a web server and room already available for this project, so perhaps we
should join them together. They would complement each other well.

If you're really interested in getting this off the ground, please email me,
and we'll see what we can do.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.