Re: translation memory

Matthias Kiefer [ Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 10:43:57AM +0200 ] :
> Hi,

Hi.

> I am the author of KBabel, an environment for translating PO files. It
> gives you the possibility to search for similiar translations while you
> edit a file.
> At the moment I am working on an framework, which will be easily
> extensible with plugins. So you can use any kind translation memory,
> if there is module available, which supports it.

Will the API be widely usable, let's say from an app like "gtranslatord" ?

> Andrea Rizzi <rizzi kde org> is currently working on a module which uses
> a GDBM database to store the translations. But if you are interested
> to add support for other common formats, it will be welcome by many
> people, I think. And of course other suggestions for improvements are
> also welcome ;-)

This rings the xml-bell for me ...... message-db ..

> It is also planned to have the  functionality in KBabel to do a inital
> translation of a file by using this translation framework.

Hehe, aren't this the same ways I do aim with gtranslatord+gtranslator ?

--
kabalak / kabalak gmx net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161