How to display chinese in RedHat 7.0 GNOME menu?

Hi,
   I installed RedHat 7.0 Linux ,I'm a chinese and want to use chinese int it .
After I set  LANG=zh_CN.GB2312 and LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312,I start GNOME ,but menu could not display chinese ,only display NULL,and desktop couldn't display chinese.Only some script can display chinese , I use debian's gnome ,it can display chinese very well and FreeBSD,it also can display chinese .but why RedHat could'd display ?Is there something needed to setup or need to change ?
   Thanks a lot !

            jxl
            jxl72@163.net