Re: Making it easier on translators

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 03:43:27PM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> >   Though I'm using MySql myself, I think that one of the differences
> > between both databases is that MySql has lower text handling capabilities
> > than PostgreSQL (I18N and indexing capabilities comes to mind). But
> > MySQL is closing problems fast so it's worth double-checking.
>
> Well, I don't know much about PostgreSQL, but MySQL has a very good
> authentication mechanism and more than that, it's just a pain for the sysadmin
> team to maintain two SQL database installations.

  I completely agree. I was not suggesting to switch but double-check
that possibly missing features of MySql might have been added in lately.

> I don't know who this thing will get things in and out of CVS, but I think
> this database will just be used to store data in it, or am I wrong ?

  very possibly, one just need to verify it's actually possible to store
those data :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit